Pastor Greg Laurie Explains the Parable of the Sower
The Parable of the Sower
“That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. Whoever has ears, let them hear. (Matthew 13:1-9)”
Pastor Greg Laurie is the host of the television program Knowing God with Greg Laurie and of the syndicated radio program A New Beginning. He has appeared on ABC World News Tonight, Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN. He also functions as a guest commentator at Worldnetdaily.com, and appears regularly on the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN).
Greg Laurie also founded (1990) and features as a speaker for public evangelistic events called Harvest Crusades — large-scale evangelistic outreach projects which local churches organize nationally and internationally. Well over three million people have attended Harvest Crusades in California, Seattle, Oregon, Philadelphia, New York, Hawaii, Florida, North Carolina, New Zealand and Australia. (Source: Wikipedia)
Pastor Greg Laurie Resources
- Greg Laurie: Lost Boy: My Story
- Greg Laurie: Hope for Hurting Hearts
- Greg Laurie: Lies We Tell Ourselves: How to Say No to Temptation and Put an End to Compromise
- Greg Laurie: Married. Happily.
- Greg Laurie: Signs of the Times: Revised Edition
- Greg Laurie: Why Believe?
- Greg Laurie: What Every Christian Needs To Know
- Greg Laurie: As I See It: Thoughts on Current Issues and Things That Matter From a Biblical Perspective
- Greg Laurie: Essentials: Foundational topics for Christians in today’s world