Are you struggling with pornography? This page contains vital statistics about the huge problem of pornography that affects ordinary people and even christian men and women, teenagers or adults.
Dealing with Pornography
Bible Verses About Dealing With Pornography
- But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. – Matthew 5:28
- Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. – 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
- Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. – 1 Corinthians 6:18
- Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. – Hebrews 13:4
- But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death. – James 1:14-15
- Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, – 1 Corinthians 6:9
- “I have made a covenant with my eyes; how then could I gaze at a virgin? – Job 31:1
- Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of the things that they do in secret. – Ephesians 5:11-12
- “The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! – Matthew 6:22-23
- Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. – James 5:16
- But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. – Ephesians 5:3
- I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me. – Psalm 101:3
You Are Not Addicted: The Power to Resist Pornoraphy
Alarming Statistics About Pornography
- A 2017 global survey by Norton by Symantec found that one in six people admit to having used public Wi-Fi to watch adult content. Of those who admit to it they’ve done so in the following locations:
- – Hotel/Airbnb (40 percent)
- – Café/Restaurant (30 percent)
- – Work (29 percent)
- – Airport (25 percent)
- – On the street (24 percent)
- – Train/bus station (18 percent)
- – Public restroom/toilet (16 percent)
- Visits to number 1 porn site Pornhub totaled 33.5 billion over the course of 2018, an increase of 5 billion visits over 2017. That equates to a daily average of 92 million visitors and at the time of this writing, Pornhub’s daily visits now exceed 100 million
- 30.3 billion searches, or 962 searches per second.
- Every minute, 63,992 new visitors arrive at Pornhub,
- 12 new videos and 2 hours of content are uploaded to Pornhub every minute
- The United States is a top consumer of both illegal child pornography and obscene pornography.
- More than four in 10 Americans (43%) now say pornography is morally acceptable, a seven-percentage-point increase from last year. (Gallup, June 2018)
- It’s projected that virtual reality (VR) porn should be a $1 billion business by the year 2025. That’s third behind an expected $1.4 billion virtual reality video game market and $1.23 billion VR NFL-related content. (Source Covenant Eyes)
Porn in the Church Stats
- 1 in 5 youth pastors and 1 in 7 senior pastors use porn on a regular basis and currently struggling. That’s more than 50,000 U.S. church leaders.
- 43% of senior pastors and youth pastors say they have struggled with pornography in the past.
- 64% of Christian men and 15% of Christian women say they watch porn at least once a month.
- Only 7% of pastors report their church has a ministry program for those struggling with porn. (Source Covenant Eyes)
A 2018 study revealed:
- Nearly 27% of teens receive sexts.
- Around 15% are sending them.
- 57% of teens search out porn at least monthly.
- 51% of male students and 32% of female students first viewed porn before their teenage years.
- The first exposure to pornography among men is 12 years old, on average.
- 71% of teens hide online behavior from their parents.
- A 2016 study on Canadian adolescents showed that 45.3% admitted to problems in erectile dysfunction. (Source Covenant Eyes)
John Bevere – Gaining Freedom from Pornography
Pornography, christian against pornography, dealing with pornography, how to be delivered with porn, porn remedy, Bible verses about pornography