Soulful Rendition of Amazing Grace Remembering 9-11 Tribute
Amazing Grace 9-11 Tribute
Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
T’was blind but now I see…
Today, we remember the tragedy of September 11, 2001 terrorist attack in the United States of America. Reports told us that 19 militants men linked with the notorious Islamic Extremist Group, Al-Qaeda, hijacked four (4) airplanes and carried out suicide attacks against several targets in the United States. The most prominent ones were the two of the planes were flown into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City. A third plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C.. The fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania.
The attacks killed 2,996 people, injured over 6,000 others, and caused at least $10 billion in infrastructure and property damage.
If you want to read more about the coverage, CNN has this page September 11 Terror Attacks Fast Facts where they put together quick info about the impact and damage of this 9-11 attack.
Through many dangers, toils and snares
We have already come.
T’was grace that brought us safe thus far
And grace will lead us home,
And grace will lead us home
Famous Quotes to Remember 9/11
1. “Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children.” — former President George W. Bush
2. “The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit. Instead we have emerged stronger and more unified. We feel renewed devotion to the principles of political, economic and religious freedom, the rule of law and respect for human life. We are more determined than ever to live our lives in freedom.” —– Rudy Giuliani
3. “Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11.” — President Barack Obama
4. “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” – former President Harry S. Truman
5. “Terrorist attacks can shake the foundation of our tallest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. We will not tire, we will not falter, we will not fail.” – former President George W. Bush
Tags: Amazing Grace 9-11 Tribute, Amazing Grace, 9-11 Attack